Hunter Mental Health is currently offering a great option within the ambulance service within a fantastic NHS Trust which boasts providing the highest quality integrated mental health, community and learning difficulties health services.
We are looking for an experienced community psychiatric nurse or social worker with prior experience working with working age adults to join this service on a 37.5-hour locum contract which is an initial 3-month contract with a strong intent to extend further. Due to the need they are offering this position as a band 6 and offering great rates of is £25 – £28. There are a range of shufts availbel at this time with the following: Earlies, Lates, Twilights, Nights and LD are available. Working from base only.
The role has been described as follows: –
The Mental Health (MH) triage service exists to provide a MH service to patients contacting 111 or 999 ambulance service services.
This involves triaging of all MH needs and connecting or signposting patients to the right MH provision to meet their needs in a timely way.
The clinician will work as part of the team comprising of band 6s and 5s delivering mental health triage assessment on the phone within NHS 111 service.
The following skills have been specified: –
MH triage assessment skills and able to signpost to the relevant services to meet the patients’ needs.
Communication and negotiation skills
Clinical risk assessment and management skills
Clinical decision making
Prioritising and delivering safe care etc.
Consideration will be given to all community mental health nurses from all backgrounds as long as there is the required experience of working within a community mental health setting previously.
Key details of the role:
- Community Psychiatric Nurse or Social Worker
- Band 6
- Start date – 2/3 weeks
- Duration – 3 month ongoing contract
- Full Time position
- Ambulence service
- £25ph – £28ph
Call Cameron on (phone number removed) to find out more about this role.
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about.
RMN – Locum
Salary – £25 – 28 per hour
Contact Person: Cameron McCoy